MasterPress 1.2.1 has just been released. In this release we introduce shortcodes and resolve some issues with update notification consistency.
- A term object if the term is found.
- WOOF_Silent An object for silent failure if the term cannot be found.
Retrieves a MEOW_Term object for the given id and taxonomy arguments. This method is very flexible in that the id argument can be a number of different values which would uniquely identify a term (see argument description).
Returns a WOOF_Silent object for silent failure if a term cannot be found for the given taxonomy.
Note: if the id argument is not provided, this method will attempt to return the current term being displayed (if any – only applies to category, tag, and taxonomy templates).
Mixed $id = null
The “id” to search for – this argument is flexible in that it can be any one of the following:
- A term slug – e.g. “press-release”. This requires a taxonomy to be specified.
- A term name – e.g. “Press Release”, which is a fallback search if the slug search fails. This requires a taxonomy to be specified.
- An term ID – e.g. 20, or even “20”. This can be specified with or without a taxonomy
- A WOOF_Term or MEOW_Term object (which will simply return itself).
String $taxonomy = null
The taxonomy of the term to search for. This is required when the id argument is a string slug or name, but is optional for an ID search.