MasterPress 1.3.1 is a compatibility release for PHP 8 and WordPress 5.7. It still remains backwards compatible with older PHP versions.
WOOF :: object()
- Mixed An object representing the active WordPress object (see method description).
Retrieves the active WordPress object, which is decided by analysing the current template being accessed. Specifically this method returns one of the following, considered in this specific order:
- A WOOF_Term object if either of is_tax() or is_category() or is_tag() are true.
- A WOOF_User object if is_author() is true.
- A WOOF_Post object if either of is_single() or is_page() are true.
- A WOOF_Site object if WOOF::is_front_or_home is true.
- A WOOF_PostType object is either of is_archive() or is_post_type_archive() are true.
- A WOOF_Silent object for silent failure, if none of these conditions is true.
This method is used by a number of other methods to provide top level access to properties of the current object based on the template being viewed. Note that there are also many functions in WOOF which allow you to specifically retrieve a certain object type.