We have released a compatibility update that addresses issues that appear when using MariaDB.
- Object The JSON object if the request is successful and the assoc argument is false.
- Array An associative array representing the JSON output if the request is successful and assoc is true.
- Array An array of objects or associative arrays, if the json output has an array at the root level.
- Boolean false if the JSON could not be retrieved.
Retrieves a json object or associative array by requesting a JSON string from a remote URL and decoding it. This method can also cache the result of the request using the WordPress transients API, accepting the same duration string accepted by the WOOF::cache.
The URL to retrieve JSON from.
Boolean $assoc = false
Whether to convert the JSON string to an assocative array (true) or an object (false).
String $cache = false
For setting a value only. Either an:
* integer number of seconds to store the transient
* a string describing the time period, as parsed by the WOOF::seconds function (see related methods).
* OR false if you do not wish to cache the request. This may be appropriate if the JSON API already caches its output.
Object $req = null
An output parameter, allowing you to capture the request object created by the wp_remote_get method (which is used to request the JSON string). This will only be populated if a request is required, and may be useful for debugging purposes to discover errors.